Sign in to follow this  
metau

Tracking

Realizing that I am a newer member here, and one that does not post often, I hesitate to make this post asking for something.

I am an assistant scoutmaster with a boy scout troop in Tempe, and many of the boys have approached me asking about the Tracking merit badge. This was one of the very first merit badges every created, but was discontinued in 1952. With this year being the 100th anniversary of scouting, this merit badge, along with 3 others, has been reinstated for this year only, yet with the original requirements.

As much as I love hunting, and all that it entails, I know my inexperience would not do the scouts justice if I were to teach them the badge on my own. I'd like to ask among the more knowledgeable members here if one would be willing to spend a Tuesday evening in late May or June helping to teach these young boys about tracking.

I've included a link to the merit badge requirements, and thank you for considering helping.

Jerry

Tracking Merit Badge

That sounds like fun I would love to help out with that. I have printed out the badge requirments and will look them over. My Phone number is (928) 301-4614 call me and we could set something up.

Ty Hart