Sign in to follow this  
desertmafia21

Anyone use the Blackhawk axiom stock?

I was just wondering if anyone out there has used this stock and if its really worth the money. I am shooting a howa m-1500 300 win mag. I can see in the videos that it definately reduces recoil but i was also wondering the quality of the stock. Also, whether to get the v/s or the u/l in the camo pattern? Any advice is a big help! Thanks

Anyone have any opinions or advice on these stocks? I am too thinking about getting one for my .270 Weatherby Vangaurd. Mostly for my daughter who will start hunting this year, seems like the reduced recoil and adjustable lenght would be nice.

Any thougths?

jeff

I put one on my HOWA 300 WIN. its a good stock it lightened up my rifle and reduced the recoil but the part I like the most was the adjustable butt my boy can shoot this rifle now to

post-861-1273161946_thumb.jpg

post-861-1273161893_thumb.jpg

I put the same stock on my 7MM rem mag hoping it would allow my daughter to use it for her deer hunt. In my case, it made the gun heavier and a little off balance when carrying with a sling ( It had the standard synthetic prior). I wouldn't recommend this stock in a high caliber for a new or young shooter. The travel in the stock with a high caliber is very substantial and could possibly be a major factor in the scope coming in contact with those novice shooters that need to really creep up to have a full field of view out of the scope. I wouldn't have noticed this unless my friends at the range took video of me shooting with the bipod down. I had to resort to holding onto the bipod base to avoid the travel. They freaked out when they saw how close it was coming to my eye at first. We had a pretty good laugh after but it could have been ugly quick.

I will say the stock for a advanced shooters is great. I could shoot all day with the stock in any caliber. It nearly eliminates all recoil. The pistol grip and free floating barrell is also a major plus.