Sign in to follow this  
pwrguy

Bear canyon/Chevlon

I was thinking about taking a little trip up and do som fishing. Does anyone know if the road to Bear Canyon Lake is open. Has anyone fished any of the lakes in that area recently..within the last couple of weeks,

and had any luck, if so what was working.

Brian, this is from the page from that URL. note the "all but" not sure what to make of it, sound like people have been driving around the barrier

In the high country, all but three lakes – Lee Valley, Bear Canyon and Knoll – are now accessible. That’s the good news. Riggs Flat in the Pinaleno Mountains is not open yet either. That’s to be expected.

The stores and boat rentals at both Big Lake and Woods Canyon are open. That’s also good news.

The bad news is that it appears Carnero, Crescent and Lee Valley suffered fish kills; price to pay for such excellent snow pack. We’ll get them stocked soon.

Brian, this is from the page from that URL. note the "all but" not sure what to make of it, sound like people have been driving around the barrier

In the high country, all but three lakes – Lee Valley, Bear Canyon and Knoll – are now accessible. That’s the good news. Riggs Flat in the Pinaleno Mountains is not open yet either. That’s to be expected.

The stores and boat rentals at both Big Lake and Woods Canyon are open. That’s also good news.

The bad news is that it appears Carnero, Crescent and Lee Valley suffered fish kills; price to pay for such excellent snow pack. We’ll get them stocked soon.

oops! looks like you're right, i missed the big "but"!

Well....I answered my own question. There is still a barricade across the road, although it looks like plenty of people have been driving around it. I don't need a trout bad enough to risk the ticket. We went to Willow instead, did OK but not great, the fish were all very small.