Sign in to follow this  
Santana Outdoors

Wilderness Trail Cameras

I use game cameras that allow me to hook up an external 12v battery then I hook up a solar panel, I also have one that uses the Moultrie battery / solar panel combo.

One of my cameras have been out there for 2 years on the same battery and solar panel. The other one is in the bottom of the canyon where there is not much light so the solar doesn't work well on that one. Next time I go out I will be upgrading that camera to a Reconyx HF 500. Reconyx says the batteries will last up to one year, we will see!

Thanks. The Wilderness is in AZ but I'd prefer to keep the exact locaion out for now. The lions are taking out a lot of Coues in this area and wish I could get rid of some but only seen one live out there when we were glassing and he was a mile away.

I am really impressed with the Moultrie camera and the test pictures it did take. So I am hoping to get it out there this winter when they pick up Verizon but until then I am looking for a spot close by.

I will keep everyone posted when Verizon service is going to be offered from Moultrie. It shouldn't be long! Ben

Very cool!!!! Very funny!!! :lol: :D :rolleyes: