Sign in to follow this  
stanley

The Claw on the Outdoor Channel

Hey Cade:

Thinking this must have been posted previously, since I think the episode might have aired already, but as I was getting ready for work this morning the TV was on the Outdoor Channel and they were showing a hunt from Argentina. I think it was an LL Bean show....

Anyway, the guy was using The Claw! I didn't see the begininning of the show so I don't know if it was mentioned, but there was no doubt he was shooting with The Claw. ;) Made a shot on a stag at the end of the show where you could see the 'vapor trail'.... Kind of cool! I don't think the mentioned the yardage though.

Was this posted in the past already??? :blink:

Anyway, it just caught my attention.... :)

S.

:)

Stanley,

Thanks for the heads up. I was aware that this show was aired but I have yet to see it, darn it. It actually aired without my involvement but of course that is ok. When I learned it was going to be aired from the guide I tried to contact LL Bean but was unsuccessful due to my limited time during daylight hours and their difficult contact process (at least I couldn't just call up and talk with someone). Anyways, The outfitter/guide Pablo Adreani of Andreani and Sons outfitters was the host of the hunt. It was my pleasure meeting Pablo at the Western Hunting Expo in 2009 as we both had booths there. Well Pablo got a Claw as he felt it would be very helpful in his rough country found in Argentina and saw its value as a guide there. He then called me to inform me that he had just guided someone on a hunt where The Claw was put to invaluable use. He mentioned the hunter was there to host a show etc, etc. He said that at first they tried traditional shooting methods to harvest their trophies but the terrain there would not allow it and that's when Pablo broke out the Claw and it was all over from there. Of course that made me feel good. I only wish I could get a copy of it to watch. I love watching vapor trails whack a big ol' stag!

Hopefully your kids will be doing the same this year, Stanley!