Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

taxidermy

just wondering if any one know if it is possible to take a set of antlers (just anntlers and base) and turn it in to a full head mount. killed a nice 4x5 mulie last year but couldnt afford to get it mounted but can now. may be a dumb question but I have no idea about taxidermy work. by the way saw a bleeding spike running by me today up reddington he ran about a half mile until i lost sight of him and didnt see any other hunters in the area if anyone lost him I can tell you about where I saw him last or ride up and show you. if he aint found by now. and good dove season this year :)

Daniel

It should be very easy. You can get another cape from a friend or hunting partner. Second choice would be to buy a cape from your taxidermist. A cape and horns is all you need to have him mounted.

Yep, that should be an easy fix. Since that really isn't your deer under the skin, I see no problem at all.

That's no problem for a taxidermist. Just remember when you take it in they will need your tag or the license # for that year.