Sign in to follow this  
Hyperwrx

Learn How to Call in an AZ Bear from the Guru

reid peterson went to school from k-12 with my gpa, so we talked with him a while. i was in a discount tire shirt, had just got off work lol

Yep, I saw you come in with the tire pressure gauge stuffed in your shirt! I think I felt more out of place in my wing-tip shoes, slacks, long-sleeve-shirt, and tie! I just got off work from my 5th grade teacher position.

I did record the seminar and am considering transcribing some of his stories and posting them if anyone is interested. I just need to finish my progress reports first.

i thought that might have been you, looked familair but couldnt place a face. now i know! haha i was gunna go home and clean up but i didnt want to miss any of the seminar

Guys,

I am glad APC was able to get Reid to come and speak again this year. Unfortunately he is getting older in years and has expressed that future seminars are going to be few and far between. It was a truly a great opportunity to hear him recount some of his stories. Listening to him remind me of hearing Gerry Blair speak around a campfire a year or so ago. True legends in the predator calling industry. Any audio or video of this event APC would more than help edit publish and host on our server. Just contact me at scott@hyperwrx.com and I will facilitate it.

On that note- I have contacted Steve Craig (Az resident) who is undoubtedly the most successful lion caller in the AZ and possibly the SW. He doesn't use dogs to chase the lion for miles then up a tree and for many years made a successful living being a guide to hunters looking to harvest a lion. We all measure our predator calling success by different standards but Steve's results leave no doubt he knows exactly what he is doing. Called in and harvested lions- 108. Client success rate at harvesting a lion with Steve at their side- 85%.

Steve will be speaking at an Arizona Predator Callers meeting in the future. I will make sure to post here on CouesWhitetail.com when this free event will take place.

One thing interesting Reid had to say was that every bear he has called in over his entire life has been with a Circe cottontail distress mouthcall. Never used an electronic call.

reid peterson went to school from k-12 with my gpa, so we talked with him a while. i was in a discount tire shirt, had just got off work lol

Yep, I saw you come in with the tire pressure gauge stuffed in your shirt! I think I felt more out of place in my wing-tip shoes, slacks, long-sleeve-shirt, and tie! I just got off work from my 5th grade teacher position.

I did record the seminar and am considering transcribing some of his stories and posting them if anyone is interested. I just need to finish my progress reports first.

I am sure many people would be interested in this, but please make sure you run it by Reed first and get his blessing.

Thanks to all for the report on his seminar. Wish I had been able to make it!

HyperWrx sounds like that lion seminar will be a great one too!