bstpeter

Scouting alone

Enjoy the quiet time alone in the mountains because once everyone shows up, if they show up you will be wishing you were alone again and it was quiet!

It drives me nuts! My buddies like to hunt and come along but I do the planning and put up the effort most of time. :angry:

Wondering if I'm the only one, you and a bunch of friends put in for the same place swear to help each other out, scouting, setting up camp, hunting together and bam Sept-Oct comes around and guess who's scouting all by themselves? All the hunting buddies who were going to expect you to support them if they got drawn have more reasons not to go then you can imagine...hmm Just need a really good vent and had no where else to post it! 6a here I come again should be leaving tomorrow morning around 4:30am. Thanks for letting me vent CWT

yea i had that in archery season a couple of buddies want to go but can never find time to go scout but this year my brother in-law came through

and made a few trips with me.

i just get po'd cause i spend all my extra time and gas and many times in the dog house(so to speak)

and when it comes time to go your getting calls that they want to come along.

my wife and a buddy at work have the same tag and i have done all the scouting except 1 day trip.

he goes on an over the counter elk hunt with some other doucshe from work instead of comming to help scout! :angry:

he's young and new to hunting so i've cut him a little slack.

i had the same opportunity to go on the elk hunt before he did and if i pass up a trip on private land you know the guy offering is as i stated above.

i feel your pain........ ;)

good luck on your hunt!

james