Sign in to follow this  
coyotekid

Bellemont tornado

after reading the Hail stories around the valley yesterday I realize that we were not the only ones dealing with CRAZY weather. I live in Bellemont and If you live in bellemont you probably live in one of two types of houses, ones that a huge tornado drover directly over yesterday or ya live in one that the tornado drove right by! its not a big place. I live with my budy who owns our house. and needless to say we dont live there any more. our house was one of 33 deemed un livable by the health dept. out of those 33 homes, I feel lucky to say that we have alot of wet stuff, a few large skylights where we didnt used to and our garage is more of a car port. and we have permanently open widows. the house across the street how ever is missing the top story and our next door neighbor has a boat mis-parked in his attic. most cars sustained broken windows. (except one of mine see the pictures. ) and we now all have joined back yards cause the fences are all some where up by the grand canyon.

Room mates girl friend got banged up and spent the day in the hospital but she was let go with just alot of bump bruises an scrapes. No one else we talked to had any serious injuries. It was an amazing blessing that every one was alive after this. God is Great!

Oddly enough out of all the damage we have 11 mounts in our house and not one was wet or fell off the wall!

If you need any parts for your camp trailer you can make a great game of "go find the parts in the forest between I-40 and Pumpkin Center! Camping world lost most of their inventory.

If any one ever tells you that Tornados dont go through forests or through the mountains, tell them to drive up to Wing mountain and look at the new clear cut 200yrds wide and 20 miles long.

here are just a few pics off my phone. there are alot better ones on the internet if ya do a search.

Hope any one else out there fared as well as we did and if there are fellow CWT.comers who live in the area who need any thing please stop by our place. its the one it pictures.

cheers

sam

Ps. thats my car that as in the back yard, it made a trip around the neighbors fence, though our fence and is now in the front, only damage is the soft top is missing.

post-2382-1286474115_thumb.jpg

post-2382-1286474132_thumb.jpg

unbelievable. We had the nicest day of the year yesterday here in Tucson, it was 85 degrees with no clouds in the sky. And yet, up north a day from heck...