Time: 6:30 PM

Where: Town of Oro Valley

Hopi Room

11000 North La Cañada Drive

Oro Valley, Arizona 85737

Plan on attending. We need your show of support

at this important meeting

For further Information Contact: Hank Adair 349-0463

unfortunately I saw this a day too late. How'd the meeting go? I'd love to see an archery park in NW Tucson.

The meeting went well. This was only the first. My observations...

-Area is in the existing Naranja Park in Oro Valley

-A retired game and fish biologist presented the plan to the board. He did a great job of talking to the board.

-Game and Fish willing to put bathrooms in along with other funding. PSE possibly to add funding. Would probably not cost the town of Oro Valley very much.

-A site plan was proposed that had a stationary traditional range with stagard targets to 100 yards. There were two walking paths that had 14 targets each useing the natural terrain and vegetation requiring "very little impact to the environment", with a covered picknic area.

-One board member replied that the paloverde trees, saguaros, and one unique woodpecker would all eventually get shot :huh:

-Same board member also stated that with us hiking around in there would increase erosion :huh:

-We learned later that the master plan for this park 2 years ago included an amphitheater and a ton of other "structures" which would require bulldozing this same area, so this one board members arguement does not stand in my book. The bond for this plan was shot down by voters and now this land is not in use except for the Sonoran Desert Flyers (RC plane club)

-Sooooo the town of Oro Valley is looking for stuff like this to occupy the space that is relatively inexpenssive and could be moved somewhere down the road. This course meets that requirement.

-and of course we had the one person from the community that disagrees and complains about everything.

Please remember that these statements were my observations and opinions.

I will keep you posted to further meetings, we had a decent turnout.

Wow, was not expecting this kind of news this fast but....

The organizers have already met with the park and rec board and the board will recommend to the town council to proceed. This could happen by Nov 1st. This is really looking like a go ahead from the town of Oro Valley! Great news!