Sign in to follow this  
crazyaboutcoues

NM Oryx

It's interesting to see the license for a gemsbok oryx in New Mexico is $1,500. Add $1,600 to $1,800 and you can shoot one in its native habitat in Namibia or South Africa, including airfare from Tucson or Phoenix, lodging, food, and the services of a professional hunter. Toss in another $2,000 and you can shoot another three or four more animals, including a greater kudu.

If anyone has questions about hunting in southern Africa contact me.

My former job took me to Africa 21 times beginning in 1983. I've moderated a very popular seminar for first-time safari hunters for the past 15 years at SCI conventions and personally know many of the bettter outfitters and have visited a great many of the areas where hunting occurs in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia.

Bill Quimby

:lol:

Hey congrats Tommy, sorry for the late response, sounds like a tough hunt. Coles hunt for oryx is in dec. Do they let you scout before the hunt or is it just a free for all on opening morning. I think you did great, sounds like alot of folks did'nt even get one.Again congradulations. Bob

Congrats Tommy. You know I didnt think it was bad gutting mine, but if there is a new technique to get blood behind your ears I would like to learn it lol. It was a tough hunt when I went for mine but I drew one of those one day hunts 4 years ago.. I have heard they are getting harder to come by on the range but there is some places off range that are holding a few groups of them.. Again congrats nice bull.

Arley

CB1..

They don't let you scout... They have a hunter orientation in the morning then it is a free for all. it is kind of a drag but I guess we are just lucky to hunt these suckers.. The key is to get up on one of the little mounds and glass...

Good Luck

Jason