Sign in to follow this  
stalkincoues

Video of my Elk hunt

Thank you all for the responses good and constructive. I asked to be critical because I want to hear what I can improve on and opens my mind more. Keep the don't likes and what to improve on coming...... Please!

A big thanks for the Range Snap shoutouts as well. I am glad it works for you and you all like it! Love my Range Snap as well!!! ;)

Hey Christian, great video! I enjoyed watching it, never got bored and never lost interest, your narration kept the storyline going and it flowed nicely.

My only thought would be you should add a little segment showing up close your RangeSnap and how useful it is! Promote that product man, it's awesome! I've told everyone I've run into how much I've used and love mine! Congrats on a great bull and awesome video! JIM>

You know Jim, you are completely correct. I assumed if somebody doesn't know what a Range Snap is they'd just go to the site. It's silly not to show exactly what it is and promote it every chance I get. Even have a little commercial at the end or something as well. Will do so on my next video coming up very soon. Thank you for your help and the support!

Great vid thanks for taking the time to put it together and share it with us. I did feel like a few parts could have been cut shorter here and there but that's just my personal preference. The one thing to remember is that you'll never be able to please everyone when making a hunting video. Some guys want nothing but kill shots and loud music while others want the exact opposite. Make it how you like it and try to put your own style to it without copying other video out there and you should be fine. The only other thing that I can suggest is to work on the narration a bit more. The video starts out very nice. It was up beat and exciting but the narration was a bit too mono tone and didn't match up well with the excitement at the beginning of the video. Otherwise good stuff thanks again!

The more I watch it the more I can see where the parts lull and what could be cut. I think I started too fast, got right to the point of the Bull i was gonna take and then drug it out slower than I should have.

I thought the narration sounded a bit monotined to me as well, and I am sure to others even more so. Will try to work on that, have somebody else either narrate or add segments that break away and show us actually talking about the hunt and setting up the scenes.

That was really cool. I can see how you might hesitate when you are looking so closely at certain aspects of his rack like his fronts, but man, when you see royals and thirds like that, along with that width, I can't imagine too many people passing. Great video too - it really captured the hunt.

Since you asked to be "very critical" and "don't hold back"... the only thing I wasn't really into was the intro with the big white balloons or clouds with the hunter and camera man's names. It was good narration for sure, and good music, but some of the effects were, IMO, too stock, like, look what nifty thing I can make my software do.

Maybe I'm just an old cremudgeon, but the fading in and out of website links and graphics and balloons detracted a little bit for me of what was a really nice sequence from the opening shots of that super nice, wide bull to the harvest.

I thought the narration was great, the overall experience was captured, but the opening sequence just seemed a little "cheezey" for lack of a better term, as if your aspiring cousin was experimenting with video effects. Fine for youtube or posting on local sites, but I wouldn't really want to be printing DVDs of that portion.

Overall, it was a very cool and fun video to watch, but you made it clear that you wanted honest feedback about what is good, and not so good. I'd love to have video like that of some of my hunts, but I think it could be improved by less software effects, and more focus on the hunt itself. That's where the video shined, IMO.

It's funny you say that about the effects. Yeah I tried to throw a bunch in that I haven't used and probably got carried away. I see what you mean about being cheesy and stock, that is a great point. I appreciate your input. Thank you!

I will redo this video a few more times and the input will help me! This is my rough draft and hope to improve greatly each time as I go.

Thanks again and keep em coming, and please don't just try to be nice.

christian

Great video and sensational bull! Congrats on a great shot. Speaking of the shot, that is the only comment I would make....I know at times it is exceptionally hard to make sure that the camera man has clear view of the kill shot, but lets be honest, that's what most people want to see when watching a hunting video. In future videos, I would do my best to make sure that the camera man has a clear view of the shot. Again, circumstances may inhibit this and you may lose opportunities, but just another opinion. Congrats again and great bull and video!