couesobsession

Stoked for my coues hunt

Well, my unit 32 11/5 to 11/11 ( I think that's the end date, too lazy to check B) is fast approaching, and I'm chomping at the bit to get hunting. While not my first choice, thus still is a nice hunt. I'm hoping to put some venison in the freezer as I just ran out of last years elk meat. I was wondering if anybody else had thus tag. What area are you going to? What is your strategy? Im planning on hunting my honeyhole on the east side of the galiuros. I like to wake up early and walk to a high point. Then glass all day ling, maybe do a little walking if the action us slow. Just thought Id ask if anybody else had the hunt.

yup we got the nov 12th - the 17th and the 26th- dec 2nd headed out this weekend to scout some areas not too sure where yet see where the truck takes us lol gl on your hunt

I have the December hunt but good luck on yours! 32 is a good unit

[/quote

LUCKY, that was my first choice you ^#%+. Just kidding, but seriously you probably stole my tag in the drawing :). Anyway good luck to all you guys on tour hunt I wish the best for you, just don't kill any buck I might be interested in ;).

Just finished the October hunt in 32 on the east side of the G's too and wasn't the most entertaining hunt but always good to be out. Heard plenty of shooting on Ash Creek end of the G's as we were hunting the family ranch which covers a good portion of the G's and is closed to other hunters. Some family members were going in there this past weekend for the mule deer hunt as they have for over 25 years and haven't heard back on the long ear success. Coues were nocturnal and far, few and between, tons of water everywhere and not alot of daytime movement. Not the best glassing country IMO but it is nice to be able to take the wife out (new hunter) without worrying about crowds and reckless shots. Wish ya'all the best of luck and post some pics after you tag out!! Broken Wheels