Sign in to follow this  
cpugsie

Adams 374" Elk

Guest super jumbo
Not being a smart @$$, but why pass on 360 bulls at 15 yards for your first elk?

Awesome bull and I love the character.

I think looking back that it was a mistake to pass up a 360 type bull. That being said My little brother has grown up thru the years hearing my brother jason and i talk about 23 north for years . I have spent a ton of time in 23 north over the last 15 years and we always said that we would give anything to have an archery tag in there way before the hunt existed. When adam found out he had this very tag ,he set his goal at 375 for the first 8 days. That was the little guys call and not mine! I told him several times that i thought that we should let the air out of the first high 360's bull we saw, but he insisted. Hey i wish i had the huevos to do that when i had some tags in the past. On a side note ,i think that 23 north's quality overall ,especially for the top end bulls has gone way down in the last 2 years. I spent 27 days camped in the unit ,and pounded it on foot,and i only saw maybe 3 bulls over 370. There were lots of 330 - 350 but after that it got slim. I saw another fella with a 375 type bull that had even more mass than my brothers. Overall though 23 north doesn't seem to be like it was in the last 15 years. Just my opinion.

Not being a smart @$$, but why pass on 360 bulls at 15 yards for your first elk?

Awesome bull and I love the character.

Not being a smart a$$ either but obviously it was just not the bull he wanted to shoot …. ;) :blink: :blink: nice bull...

Nice elk, bet you're hooked.