Sign in to follow this  
36Bjunkie

34A Javelina TAG

So i drew a 34A Javelina tag Feb hunt!! The only problem is I'm not sure where to start looking .. I've hunted birds down there and saw some signs but never saw any Javelina... Can some one point me in the right direction??? <_<

The Javalina are everywhere in that unit. Find some water and start looking around there. if you have trouble finding them, PM as it gets closer.

Generally the northern portion of the unit has more visability and it is easier to find pigs there compared to the southern portion of the unit. The southern portion is more oaks and grasslands but still there's quite a few pigs there. I'd look on the maps for some medium size hills from the middle to the northern portion of the unit and I'll bet my bottom dollar there's a herd of pigs living around each and every hill in 34A. There's plenty of pigs there

i have a place where pigs are running left and right our little group kills there every year so just email me at bradleycox60@yahoo.com and ill tell you a good place to go

My Brother,Dad and I are thinking about getting leftover tags for this unit. They would be coming down from Utah, and paying non-resident fees. I have spent 2 days in this unit on a coues deer hunt and didn't see any pigs. I have heard they are in there, and we don't mind putting in the work to get them. We will hike all day if need be. Like the original poster, I am looking for any areas to start looking. I am planning on heading down there in mid december and doing some scouting but figure that things will have changed by the hunt in february. Any advice is appreciated.

couesbowhunter1 thanks for all the info i found a few pig out were you told me to go. We'll see if it pays of here in a few days.. if you have any more in info shoot me and email Thanks again!!!!

couesbowhunter1 thanks for all the info i found a few pig out were you told me to go. We'll see if it pays of here in a few days.. if you have any more in info shoot me and email Thanks again!!!!

hey man did you have any luck?