Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto C

Question for all 257 WBY MAG.

"George Parker from Amado??? Damm, That's a trophy room and one fine family... "

One Shot:

George was a friend and eating the menudo he served for breakfast before heading off to hunt in his old Jeep was a treat. I learned a lot about hunting Coues deer in the Santa Ritas and Tumacacoris from him, and although his trophy room was small compared to those I've visited lately, it was the first such room that I'd seen. I've always wondered what happened to his giant sable from Angola. There are only three or four of them in trophy rooms anywhere in the world. I've lost track of Jacque. Has she moved back to their old place?

Bill Quimby

Incidentally, there's a photo of George as a young man with a B&C Coues deer in my book, "Sixty Years A Hunter."

I've been considering a new rifle and the 257 WM is at the top of my list for calibers. I just gotta scratch up some extra funds in order to accomplish this goal.

George Parker from Amado??? Damm, That's a trophy room and one fine family... 257 on northern whitetails... very accurate... Deer will run and bleed-out... .30-'06(no question's of hit/ dead deer) JMHO Throw a big bullet with some punch(.30 cal or bigger)...

Shot placement is the key......hit a deer with a .30 cal on the belly/stomach and good look finding him. They can cover miles quicker than us.

Ernesto C

George Parker from Amado??? Damm, That's a trophy room and one fine family... 257 on northern whitetails... very accurate... Deer will run and bleed-out... .30-'06(no question's of hit/ dead deer) JMHO Throw a big bullet with some punch(.30 cal or bigger)...

Shot placement is the key......hit a deer with a .30 cal on the belly/stomach and good look finding him. They can cover miles quicker than us.

Ernesto C

+10..no doubt about it