standman

Mule Deer Poaching Near Wilcox

Saw this and just thought I would post it up just in case somebody hears something and can help find the people who did this.

Arizona Game and Fish Department

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release, Dec. 7, 2010

Up To $4,000 Reward Offered in Slaughter of Nine Does, Fawns Near Willcox

WILLCOX, Ariz - The Arizona Game and Fish Department Operation Game Thief announced today that is offering a reward of up to $4,000 for information leading to an arrest in connection with an apparent joy riding incident that resulted in the slaughter of nine mule deer does and fawns near Willcox.

The incident apparently occurred sometime between December 3 and December 8. The deer were either run over by a vehicle or shot in a chilies field in the Bonita areanorth of Willcox. All of the deer were left in the field to waste.

“This is not hunting or done by hunters; this was someone out joy riding and thrill killing wildlife,” said AGFD Wildlife Manager John Bacorn of Willcox. “Not only were the deer senselessly killed, but some of the farmer’s crop was needlessly damaged and ruined by the vehicle.”

“This incident was especially cruel, and we need help from the public to solve this crime,” added AGFD Tucson Regional Supervisor Raul Vega, noting that the department is especially interested in information about any vehicles with recent front damage and possibly with crop or vegetable matter in the front grill or bumper.

Those with information about the incident are urged to call Operation Game Thief at 1-800-352-0700, anonymously if need be. Calls will be taken 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

-30-

Mark A. Hart

Public Information Officer

Arizona Game & Fish Department

555 N. Greasewood Road

Tucson, AZ 85745

office (520) 388-4445

cell (520) 282-0978

fax (520) 628-5376

Mhart@azgfd.gov

That is just unbelievable! It makes me sick when I hear news like this. I hope they catch the jerk or jerks!