Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

Jim Shockey Desert Golf Shootout

For any of you golfers out there, we (AZSCI) are having our annual Jim Shockey golf tourney at the Lowes Ventana Resort here in Tucson. Dates are Feb. 5-6th.

Sat. is a meet and greet with Jim along with food and drink, and Sun is the golf shootout. It will be a great time on both days!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with either me or our chapter President, Bobby Boido. I hope to see some of you out on the links!

http://www.azsci.com/

Thanks

Scotty

Vacation with Us in Arizona!

Tee Off in the 3rd Annual Jim Shockey/SCI Desert Golf Shootout Field

TUCSON, AZ--The third annual Jim Shockey/SCI Desert Golf Shootout will be held at Loew’s Ventana Canyon Resort & Spa, February 5-6, 2011, in Tucson, Arizona with proceeds going to help military vets go on hunts that they could not otherwise enjoy.

The Shockey/SCI Shootout began in 2009 and has raised more than $70,000 for charity. The 2011 golf event has been expanded to allow the first 144 golfers registered, and the Saturday night banquet and Jim Shockey Meet & Greet is open to golfers and non-golfers alike!

Every golfer participating in the 2010 Jim Shockey/SCI Desert Golf Shootout will receive a Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9X scope featuring the SABR (Sabot Ballistics Reticle)! At the Saturday evening event, guests will be able to meet Jim and Louise Shockey as well as other Shockey Team members for pictures, autographs and the chance to win tons of great prizes. Some of the 2010 auction, silent auction and raffle items included: Nosler custom rifle, Horton Crossbows, T/C gun board, Alpine bows, Primos/Double Bull ground blinds, Caldwell Lead Sleds, SHE Outdoor Apparel shopping spree, and MUCH more!

“Most people who know me know that my love of hunting is only rivaled by my love for my family and my love for GOLF!” Shockey says. “Whether you are an avid golfer, or a non-golfer, you can have a great vacation with us at Loew’s Ventana Canyon. And you’ll be supporting a great cause.”

Corporate sponsors for the Jim Shockey/SCI Desert Golf Shootout include: Leupold, SCI, Outdoor Channel, TN Marketing, K&K Foodliner and Loew’s Ventana Canyon Resort.

To reserve your spot in the 2011 Jim Shockey/SCI Desert Golf Shootout and/or Meet & Greet, contact: Brian Johnson at brianjohnson@loewshotels.com or by calling (520) 529-7900.

Room Rates: For those attending the event, a special room rate of $159 has been established. To learn more about Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, visit

http://www.loewshotels.com:80/en/Hotels/Tu...t/Overview.aspx