Well after a few missed opportunities I finally went calling with Josh this morning who promised to deliver a fox. Our first stand was dry. The second stand found a nice sized male coyote on the wrong end of a .17 fireball. Josh hurled this miniscule piece of lead about 90 yards dead center into the dogs chest. After another dry stand we setup near a wash. Josh left his rifle and opted to arm himself with his video camera and I had a Mossberg 835 with 3 1/2 in #4 shot. I saw a Gray coming in fast and wanted to make sure we were going to get it all on film as this was going to be my first fox. This little female came right to the caller with no hesitation at the 7 minute mark. I had an easy shot at 40yds. I have been hunting with Josh since we were kids and he is the real deal. He is meathodical in his setup and knows how to find wildlife quickly. He really knows how to work the Minaska like the Pied Piper as well. As you can see by his posts here he is very active and very successful. Why he is not a professional guide I have know idea. One thing is for certain. If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to hunt with someone of his caliber you wont be disappointed. Thank you Josh for a great morning. Just 16 years after guiding me to my first deer, you come through again on the fox as promised. Too bad I missed the Javelina on the bowhunt or it would have been a trifecta of firsts. Maybe an Antelope hunt is in order?? Thanks Josh for a job well done.

post-3319-1292185665_thumb.jpg

post-3319-1292185750_thumb.jpg

Thanks Chris...I will go out with you as soon as I get back from the annual trip to the North Pole. I hope it snows for the kids by Thursday. I got to break in the Scorpion. Come out to Rio the day after Christmas I am shooting in a long range match.

Congratulations on the predators, good job!

I agree with you about Josh. Josh is all that and even more. I'm blessed to know Josh and have hunted on "predator heaven" with him (where coyots come by 4 or 5 and/or coyots and bobcats at the same time).

Again congratulations and I will ask this for the 2nd time...When we will be able to see those videos??

Ernesto C

Congratulations on the predators, good job!

I agree with you about Josh. Josh is all that and even more. I'm blessed to know Josh and have hunted on "predator heaven" with him (where coyots come by 4 or 5 and/or coyots and bobcats at the same time).

Again congratulations and I will ask this for the 2nd time...When we will be able to see those videos??

Ernesto C

Haha..We talked about Coyote Heaven....I am ready for a guided tour after the new year. As far as the video goes, I have been asking Josh the same thing. If he uses the footage with me on my fox kill, I will need to call my agent. I have seen a little teaser and I promise this thing is going to sell fast once word gets out. The music alone got my adreniline going and the footage does not disappoint. Thanks Ernesto!

Yes I must say that the Minaska sound quality is much better than that of my foxpro. I know its not apples to apples but my Foxpro on level 9 is like the Minaska on level 2. I am blown away by the quality of the sound vs my caller. It helps to have a master at the controls also, but the caller far exceeded my expectations. Minaska is the best bang for the buck PERIOD. This from a guy who just bought a Foxpro.

Guess I need to go calling with Josh. Sal, how many Slim Jims did you eat before you called?

Whats up Stacey? I did not have any Slim Jims...but as my good fortune did have it Josh was a bit late so I rolled to Jack in the box for a trusty Breakfast Jack. Are you sniffing my scat again??