Longrange shooter

Reloading lapua Magnum

I have several long range rifles I have built two have a 334 neck in the barrel so I size my brass to 333 so I only have one thousands of space my new rifles are 336 and I use the same brass at 333 so now I have three thousands clearance does any one know if either one is better so far the tighter one with only one thousand clearance seems to shoot better groups.

the shell is a 338 Lapua necked down to 30 caliber shooting a barns tripple shock 180 grain with 100 grains of powder vitavori 24n44 thanks Longrange shooter

Most tactical/hunting rifles run no-turn necks. This is do to the rifle being made for reliability and so it will function in all conditions. ie: dust dirt. On the other hand bench rest guns run turned necks. The tighter everything is the better I would think. What kind of groups are the guns shooting.

The Action is a Batt and the barrel is a bartilin 1/11 twist thumbhole wood laminated Stock

Scope is a Schmit & Bender 6x24 x 56 with turetts lighted retical

speed is 3375 with Barns tripple X boattail bullets

100 yards it will touch bullets in two shot groups

I am still working on longer shots but shot it at 735 yards two inch group when conditions were right no wind temp was in the low 70s. so far it is a shooter

Just my opinion, but I would shoot at least 3 shots per group if not 5 shots per group. This will give you a much better idea as to what is really going on with the load/rifle. On a barrel burner like this I would shoot 3 shot groups so the barrel doesnt get too hot, and you dont use up too much of a short barrel life.