jwhunter

338 Edge

What load are you using in your edge? The reason I'm asking is I bought some new H-1000 and had to cut my loads from 93grs. to 90 grs. using 300 gr smk's. Vel 2845- 2858 giving me a 13 ES for 6 rounds.Just want to know if all H-1000 is hotter than the old batches.

91 grs of h1000,300 grn lapua hpbt,3.785 oal put's my gun with a 28" tube at 2840 fps.

90 grs of H-1000 with 300 grn Bergers shooting almost 2800 fps (3.960 OAL). Glad I could help feenz. Show some pics.

post-4714-0-85745300-1315351623_thumb.jpg

90 grs of H-1000 with 300 grn Bergers shooting almost 2800 fps (3.960 OAL). Glad I could help feenz. Show some pics.

I built this rifle for under a grand less the glass.

feenz,

I do not want to hijack jwhunter's thread, but you have to give us details on your thread!

Thanks,

R.T.

How about some build specs such as components used to complete the projects. I want to have one built that will serve as a hunting rifle without the Tactical look.

I agree! Can you guys who hvae already taken on this project post your components list and any advice or info that would help others do a build.

Did you buy a complete rifle and take the action only to do the build orwere you able to find just an action for a reasonable price?

I am thinking about taking on this project for next year as well.

Both the guns showns look great!

I agree! Can you guys who hvae already taken on this project post your components list and any advice or info that would help others do a build.

Did you buy a complete rifle and take the action only to do the build orwere you able to find just an action for a reasonable price?

I am thinking about taking on this project for next year as well.

Both the guns showns look great!

I bought a doner rifle 7mm mag and sold the stock and barrel then bought a mcgowen 338 edge drop [n barrel and a bell and carlson stock and you also need to buy 300 rum go and no go head space gauges from midway along with a action and barrel nut wrench.Put the barrel on the action then fit it to the stock and float the barrel.You can buy a new trigger group but I adjusted the savage one to 2.5lbs myself,Being that it's a single shot I won't go any lower than that.I can't belive how easy it was to do and for $960.00

Savage shooters.com has a forum and they have threads on the build! I never worked up a load yet I took the advice from sean carlock and used his load and mine shoot's them in one ragged hole at 100yds! john

Great info!

This should like a great summer project.

Sean has very good info, I switched to H1000 in most of my magnums after watching his reloading videos. I have seem more consistency as he describes out of this powder.