Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

Non resident cap and group applications

Maybe someone can help me out with this. I am considering putting in as a group of 4. We are all NR to NM. If there are 100 tags in a hunt, the hunt would be capped at 10 for NR's. What if our group was drawn when there had already been 8 or 9 tags issued to NR for that hunt? Would they reject is as filled since there aren't 4 available or just fill ours and issue slighlty more in this case? I noticed on the draw odds report that there are often more tags issued then the 10% cap. Is this what happened in that case? Forgot to add, this applications would be for elk.

Thanks

Maybe someone can help me out with this. I am considering putting in as a group of 4. We are all NR to NM. If there are 100 tags in a hunt, the hunt would be capped at 10 for NR's. What if our group was drawn when there had already been 8 or 9 tags issued to NR for that hunt? Would they reject is as filled since there aren't 4 available or just fill ours and issue slighlty more in this case? I noticed on the draw odds report that there are often more tags issued then the 10% cap. Is this what happened in that case? Forgot to add, this applications would be for elk.

Thanks

If here are not enough tags to fill your whole group then none of you will get a tag. It is better to put in all by your self.

I have asked NMG&F the same question before. The response I got was the same as what ThomC said, if there are not enough tags to fill the application they will not increase the number of tags, will be rejected and draw until they fill.

I have asked NMG&F the same question before. The response I got was the same as what ThomC said, if there are not enough tags to fill the application they will not increase the number of tags, will be rejected and draw until they fill.

Yep, exactly what I was told as well. I really makes it a PITA.