pollohombre

Nov hunt pics

Hunter az welcome to the site, my name is Mike Markve, usually when one is new to the site, one should ALWAYS think and research the topic so as not offend or embarass ones self. I'm not puttin ya down but there are some real knowledgeble folks here and they are willing to help with some quality info. Now, if you know the New Mexico fellow and I have overstepped my bounds I apologize!!! This a GREAT site and that kinda stuff is welcome on the mulie site, but here at least, my thought process is that I am sayin the same thing in the same manor that I would after I shook someones hand and intrduced my self! Good luck -mike-

Guest Reynaldo de la Torre
We had a good hunt considering the heat.  We went 4 for 5 and a coatimundi. Can someone help me with the pictures?  We took all the bucks on different days and in the evening. None of the deer were big but we took the 3 biggest bucks we saw and my friend's son took his first buck on the last day of the hunt. My girlfriend took her first buck also. All the bucks were shot between 350 and 377yds. The Coati was shot at 179yds. The 3 3x3's scored between 65 and 85pts.  We saw alot of Javelina and we have tags for this area. We can't wait!  We also saw a pack of 8 coyotes. I have been varmint calling for 30 years and have not seen that before. If I can get help on the pictures I will try to post them. I've shot bigger deer but this was the best hunt for whitetails I have ever been on. It was a wonderful experience for the 2 rookies.

pollohombre

What do you do with the "Chulos"? Chulo is a name for coati. Do you eat them. I once killed a skunk in my front yard - it would not leave and was driving my dogs and neighbors nuts. The neighbors ATE IT! I thought my neighbors were nuts.

What do you do with the "Chulos"? Chulo is a name for coati. Do you eat them. I once killed a skunk in my front yard - it would not leave and was driving my dogs and neighbors nuts. The neighbors ATE IT! I thought my neighbors were nuts.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!

I'm a very knowledgeable hunter, more than you know, though I've never looked up a season on an animal that I've only seen once, that looks like a rat/ringtail cat. And if it's not available to hunt in my area, or there is no reason to kill it, then why look it up.