Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Applying In Other States?

UT ANTELOPE,DEER

NV DEER

WY ANTELOPE,DEER at max points,MOOSE at 8 points getting close

NM done with nm after 3 antelope and a unit 27 coues tag

I'm digging this old thread up.

I am going to, at least, start working on bonus/preferance points for goats and perhaps sheep out of state. Ive done a little reading on Utah, Wyoming, Monatana, and Idaho. I've got a lot more reading to do. I'd like to help my odds of hunting mountain goats in the next 15 years or so as much as possible. I don't have the money to start ponying up 1k each for multiple tags, but one day I'll be making enough to pay for tags, so I'd like to start accumulating bonus points. If anybody has any pointers or tips for not wasting my time or money, I'd appreciate it. PM me if you don't want to post. Thanks

I'm digging this old thread up.

I am going to, at least, start working on bonus/preferance points for goats and perhaps sheep out of state. Ive done a little reading on Utah, Wyoming, Monatana, and Idaho. I've got a lot more reading to do. I'd like to help my odds of hunting mountain goats in the next 15 years or so as much as possible. I don't have the money to start ponying up 1k each for multiple tags, but one day I'll be making enough to pay for tags, so I'd like to start accumulating bonus points. If anybody has any pointers or tips for not wasting my time or money, I'd appreciate it. PM me if you don't want to post. Thanks

It's getting expensive just to buy points anymore. Most states make you buy a license and pay a non refundable processing fee. Colorado and Utah are the cheapest. It's aggravating when you think you are close and the points keep creeping up.

The whole point thing is a scam to begin with. It's like crack. They get you started for cheap then raise the price and cost once you're hooked.

I think I can do a few hundred bucks a year to get my points going. I will mostly be concerned with rocky mountain goats. Another thing to think about is when I'd apply for only a BP I'm throwing away my one in a million chance to draw. Ill have to read up more and see what states take tag money upfront and what states will charge your card if successful. I may be able to do one "pay all upfront". I don't like other people having my money though. I just read about Utah's 3 yr deal with the BP. If I start, I better not take a 3 yr break. I understand the point creep deal. I'm 25 now. If I buy Utah RMG BPs for 20 years, am I going to increase my odds or just be fighting a loosing battle. That would also be 20 chances of slim to none odds, wich probably won't go in my favor.

I think I can do a few hundred bucks a year to get my points going. I will mostly be concerned with rocky mountain goats. Another thing to think about is when I'd apply for only a BP I'm throwing away my one in a million chance to draw. Ill have to read up more and see what states take tag money upfront and what states will charge your card if successful. I may be able to do one "pay all upfront". I don't like other people having my money though. I just read about Utah's 3 yr deal with the BP. If I start, I better not take a 3 yr break. I understand the point creep deal. I'm 25 now. If I buy Utah RMG BPs for 20 years, am I going to increase my odds or just be fighting a loosing battle. That would also be 20 chances of slim to none odds, wich probably won't go in my favor.

I have friends in California that have drawn Henry Mnt Mule deer, Monroe archery elk and Bookcliffs ML muledeer with very few points. Utah, like AZ, at least gives you a chance to draw.

RMG are much more realistic than sheep. Utah's goat herds are growing. They are increasing tags, but the point creep still happens. A lot of people just buy points, then jump in once they get a decent amount accumulated.

Utah, Nevada, Colorado and Idaho (no points that I am aware of) are your best chance at drawing a RMG tag. Realistically, you are probably looking at at least 10 years for a tag.

Next year will be my 10th in Utah. Colorado has a 3 year buffer period. You must get 3 points before you are even entered in the draw. Wish I would have started in Colorado the same time I started in UT.