Sign in to follow this  
CouesSlayer

Youth Bowhunt questions

Hey I know this sounds stupid, but I do not understand the AZGFD's proclamation about bowhunting. It saya the season runs from 12/16-1/31/06. But I thought Jan. was a new license year. When does it start and end? I would also like to know how much the youth archery tag and license costs because on the website it just has a slash through the license cost. I know there is probably an easier way to do this, and that I probably just read it wrong, but I know you guys know your stuff. Thank You!

You have to buy a new license at the start of a new year. If you take a buck the previous year you can hunt the January part of that season. If you take a buck in january you are done until the next year.

CouesSlayer,

I don't think they sell a youth archery deer tag thats why you see a slash through it, I think they only have General Youth hunts.

You can purchase an archery deer tag good for all season dates in that year. Such as Jan. 1-31; the August and Sept. hunts; and mid Dec. to Dec. 31st. If you harvest a deer during one of these hunts you are to report the harvest to Arizona Game and Fish (phone # in the regs) and you will be done hunting deer for that year. As of Jan 1st of each year you will need to purchase a new archery deer tag.

Hope this helps. :ph34r:

The youth combo license, is the same as an adult license, $25.50. The tags ar ethe same as the adult tag, ie there is no difference in tag fees. An elk tag is an elk tag and a deer tag is a deer tag, dosent matter how old the hunter is. Same with the archery tags. Youth hunters under 14 have to have a hunters safety course. 14 years or older ( unless they changed something recently) do not need a safety course. However they do have several youth hunts, for elk, deer, javies, and about everything other then archery.

Shane