jamaro

Great job Senator Munoz!!!!

IMO its a bunch of crap that non-residents have to pay $85 to apply without a bonus point...

IMO its a bunch of crap that non-residents have to pay $85 to apply without a bonus point...

Hmmm.. I agree.. We should switch to something like AZ..B). I have to buy a license $151 and I earn a point but for elk it might take 15 years to draw and for antelope it might take 20 years to draw...

In NM you can draw the FIRST YEAR... IN AZ.. Not possible... be careful what you ask for...

Hmmm.. I agree.. We should switch to something like AZ..B). I have to buy a license $151 and I earn a point but for elk it might take 15 years to draw and for antelope it might take 20 years to draw...

In NM you can draw the FIRST YEAR... IN AZ.. Not possible... be careful what you ask for...

Hmm, I guess you don't HAVE to apply!? Amen J

Lets see the tags that were available for me to draw just went down 40% as a non-guided hunter, sure there will be a snowball's chance in heck that a person can draw a tag the first year, the second year or the third year.

Year after year the odds are no better and a person could apply forever and NOT be drawn. Yeah AZ's system does cost more for NR, but one knows a BULL elk tag after about 12 years of applying will be drawn.....a COW tag is much easier.... can I even draw a cow tag as a NR in NM?

Its only a matter of time before a point system come to NM....

Great response fatfootdoc....thanks for pointing that out....very intelligent I never thought of that.

Redman

Lets see the tags that were available for me to draw just went down 40% as a non-guided hunter, sure there will be a snowball's chance in heck that a person can draw a tag the first year, the second year or the third year.

Year after year the odds are no better and a person could apply forever and NOT be drawn. Yeah AZ's system does cost more for NR, but one knows a BULL elk tag after about 12 years of applying will be drawn.....a COW tag is much easier.... can I even draw a cow tag as a NR in NM?

Its only a matter of time before a point system come to NM....

Great response fatfootdoc....thanks for pointing that out....very intelligent I never thought of that.

Redman

Nope you can't draw a cow tag... NR still get 16% that is much higher than in AZ... If you had issues with what was going on you should have mobilized your NR DIY hunters and fought for NO OUTFITTER SUBSIDIES. Complain after the fact isn't going to do any good. I think it is crap that outfitters get this government paycheck... but they lobbied..

We had a point system... There were issues, right now it is in NM benefit for us to not have a point system... Because people will put in every year because they have a chance.. UNLIKE AZ...

Redman, Just trying to help you out with your application dilemmas;)

I think the non res. got hosed, however J is right we do pay alot more in AZ to hunt there. Unfortunately there is never going to be a system where everyone is happy. Good luck ag

There is no perfect system....just have to weigh the options available.

Fortunately any changes to this system will have to go to the legislature, so the LO tags will always be available.

I plan on saving the $85 bucks it takes to apply and in time buy a LO tag (instead of obtaining points with a draw system that award points). Everybody wins! Residents get more tags, one less application for the NR, landowner makes $$, and I will get to hunt our National Forest!

There is no perfect system....just have to weigh the options available.

Fortunately any changes to this system will have to go to the legislature, so the LO tags will always be available.

I plan on saving the $85 bucks it takes to apply and in time buy a LO tag (instead of obtaining points with a draw system that award points). Everybody wins! Residents get more tags, one less application for the NR, landowner makes $, and I will get to hunt our National Forest!

I fought my butt off for 196 and I wanted more for NR and no Guide Subsidies.. LO are next on the hit list...

J