Sign in to follow this  
seek100plus

Anybody loose a lion dog with GPS (CrownKING )

I was doing a quad ride with friends up to Crown King and on the way back down to Lake Pleasant, I ran into a very poor shape lion hound, very skinny,. I would say from last week, some lion hunter trying to cut tracks or on a hunt when it snowed. Hound had a GPS unit on . I tried to feed him, but he wouldn’t come near me and just ran off .I marked the spot on my GPS if anybody knows of a guide or hunter who lost a dog. The dog will stay in the area because there was water and to weak to go far . I would say by the looks he has only a few days left. It was very hard to leave hunting dog in that condition , but I tried for hours to help , but the dog kept running off . I hope everyone on this site would contact any lion hunter they know who hunts Crown King area, contact me and I will get them the direction and even help find the dog again.

I posted this on the big game houndsman site. There is a guy looking for three hounds around the crown king area. Collar bateries must be dead or something. I will try and hook you guys up if he contacts me about it.

This guys dogs have been gone for 13 days now. I hope someone can put me in contact with him so we can get with you and save that hound. it may be to late at this point unless you can catch the hound somehow.

The hound I saw was in really bad shape , I wouldn't want him to die doing something he was trained to do . I hate to see a animal die from starvation . I would say at this point anybody want a lion dog or want the location from GPS where the hound was last seen .

The has recovers all the hounds at this time. He said the female was in bad shape but the vet said all vitals are good. It is a good chance this dog you saw was her. He said she was staying in the area because it had water. I just hope it's the same dog. I hate to see a dog die that way too.