Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

Message From CnS

Got a text from Gino last night.

"Need to tell all the "happy horn hunters" to me careful out there...

Just glassed up 16 bulls and only 2have dropped both horns and only 2 more have dropped one... The rest still packing bone... and Colton killed a 6' ratler today with 4"s oh buttons!"" G.

Be cautious and a bit early to push the bulls out of their range.

Well by yesterday about 50% of the bulls I saw seemed to have dropped, but still some decent 6x's packin' bone... skirted the bulls that had bone and worked the bald bulls and managed to grub a few browns and a ton of whites... left the whites in trees for next guys..LOL... my knees are a bit sore today! ;) :P

Man I hate this time of year. I always think I'll have nothing going on(no hunts). I end up having to pick between bass on beds, crappie, or fresh browns......

Atleast I've already got 2 out of the way, I'll have to make a few loops for some browns in the next few weeks.

I would say that possibly less than 50% of the bulls have dropped, at least in the areas I've been in.

I watched a 330" class bull in the snow yesterday for 3 hours as he raked on multiple trees and sparred with several other bulls. There were 21 bulls in the group and only 4 were skin heads and all the bulls still had both sides. I thought for sure I was gonna watch that bull shed but it seemed like he's still glued down tight. The other antlered bulls were mostly small 5's and 6's under 300" class with a couple rags. There's bone on the ground but there's still a lot more bone walking around. It's also a sloppy muddy mess up there right now! JIM>

I guess it really depends where you are. I haven't seen a bull over 300 packin for two weeks now. Seen quite a few too.

I'm with bonecollector ,Simon says show your horns...or umm Red light............GREENLIGHT!

WE wan't pics whatever game ur playin ;) along with hide the whites, those are good days in good places, glad it was fun but Show n tell, stop teasin. :D

I'm with bonecollector ,Simon says show your horns...or umm Red light............GREENLIGHT!

WE wan't pics whatever game ur playin ;) along with hide the whites, those are good days in good places, glad it was fun but Show n tell, stop teasin. :D

LOL! Sorry but they were all pretty small or broken so I did not take many pics... I will post what I have when I get them on my hard drive... :P