Sign in to follow this  
quailchaser

San Carlos Coues Licenses

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering what the line is like at San Carlos when the open license sales in December. Do you need to be there 3 days in advance? I have heard some crazy stories and would like to get some input.

I may try to get one this year if I have enough time.

Thanks in advance. Happy Hunting!

I think the tags go on sale December 27th. You should not have to be in line three days in advance for one of the early tags, as I purchased one via the mail for this past season in the first week of January. However, if you are looking for a rut hunt, you will need to be at the department in person. I fi were you, either drop me an email, or contact Hilda at the San Carlso Recreation and Wildlife office with your questions. Best of luck and let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Todd

quailchaser, I have stood in line for several years at san carlos and most of the time I have stood there from about 4 in the morning until 4in the afternoon The guides get there 2 or 3 days ahead of time and put out chairs to hold their places . They also buy several tags for people that gives them money ahead of time, each one can only buy one extra so they bring all there sons cousins or friends, and it takes forever to issue the tags, they are all hand written. Ive seen alot of fights and arguements over places in line it gets pretty wild . you just gotta be patient and bring lots of coffee

jlhcoues

According to their website, they still have rut tags available for the Jan 2006 hunt and the November hunts never sold out.

The web page says it was updated on Nov 28th, which was just a few days ago.

http://www.sancarlosrecreationandwildlife....itetail%20Hunts