Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Dead Batteries

I finally get some time to go try some calling. I have this new foxpro I have only used "Once" and not that long. I make my 1 1/2 hr drive and pickup my uncle and we head out. We get close to our first stand and my uncle asks if I have batteries. I say no I have only used my caller "Once". We get setup and start the calling sequence. 1 minute into the stand the caller stops. I walk up to it and the Low battery light is on. I'm kicking myself not checking the batteries and not bringing extras.

The day wasn't a total loss, we went and checked my cam and spotted a heavy 3pt. In the area. The coues are still packin.

batteries for the fox pros are a must I have had that happen a few times, but I always carry a mouth call just in case. better luck next time

I can usually get 8-10 stands on 1 set of batteries, but if they sit for few weeks, they go dead. I always try to charge them the night before, and carry an extra set. At least you still had a good day out in the woods!

I've run my Spitfire for about 20 calls, with just the 4 AA batteries, and I still wasn't getting a low batt signal. Wasn't till my kids got into my stuff and left it on that I had to switch the batteries. I always keep an extra set on me anyway. Extra batteries are like potato guns: Better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it.

Had that exact same problem last year... it started good then sounded like a drunk dying rabbit... not good. Wasted day getting up early and driving an hour to have dead batteries. I will definitely take extras from now on.