Sign in to follow this  
AjqAzhunter

Roosevelt Predator Calling

Hi everyone, well im really excited to hit the lake this weekend ill be heading up to Roosevelt lake for 5 days, and with the bass spawn going on right now i hope to land some whoopers. Since ill be up there nearly a week im going to barrow my Friends FoxPro E-caller to see if i would like to purchase one. I would really appreciate any advice that anyone could offer or if you could point me in a good direction to hunt and do some calling.

Thanks AJ

I have not hunted the area allot, but when i did I saw tons of sign cat and dog, but never had any luck I dont know why maybe just me. during the week may be your best bet due to the people factor. Good luck.

get to the backside of the lake and get set up on your first stand at first light. start the call out somewhat soft and gradually turn it up. Try using coyote vocalizations to start things off (try and get em howling) cause it is mating season for them, then if no answers wait 3-5 minutes and change to distress. Good luck the yotes are hunted pretty hard around there but a friend of mine managed to call in a lion a few years ago so make sure you have a pistol!