My wife and I have tags. We have spent alot of time out so far with little success. We had all of that fog on opening day and did not see anything. The rest of that weekend we glass up does way off in the distance. We will be taking the rest of the hunt out in the field, starting the 26th all the way through the first. She is ready to take anything with horns. Neither of us has ever killed a whitetail so if anyone has an idea where we might go the info would be greatly appreciated. She did get a nice bull this year tho. If I can figure out how to post the pic I will put in on.

Thanks John

Guest Ernesto C

Gorgeous elk Impact,congrats to you and your wife. You mentioned that you find some does well for know on if you find does be ready and glass them for a while because the bucks will be really close,they are in or really close to be in the rut. Get to and advantage point and glass,glass and glass more,do it slowly take your time,you must observe every little bush,every little detail,if you find nothing return to the same spot and start all over.

You did not mentioned what unit you are hunting,some of my fellow members may know the unit,they may give some tips that can be help full.Thanks and God bless you.

Ernesto C.

John, I tried to send you an email but it failed. Send me one and I can help you out.

Dennis

Shot a nice little 2x2 on Sunday. He's not the trophy I hoped for but its the first coues I have harvested and im sure happy with it. The best part was I did it by glassing and stalking within shooting range and it worked. Wife still has her tag and we are going back out. Thanks for the help. I will post photos when I get back in the office.

John