Sign in to follow this  
Sir Buckwheat

I sure wish this snow would melt!!

I drew a bear tag here in NE Utah but the snows too deep to very far up the mountain. I've been up every weekend since the first of April and have succedded in nearly losing my horse in a bog, killing a coyote that was harrassing a doe and her yearling fawns, and getting my truck stuck in a snow drift. Took me nearly 3 hours to dig out. I did learn that just because there appears to be tracks on the snow doesn't mean its ok for you to drive on. When the truck broke through the crust my tires were nearly a foot off the ground!! I was too ticked to think about taking a picture, wish I would have now...

The weather man's calling for a high in the 40's tomorrow with a 40% chance of snow. I may go hunting weathermen soon!! I plan on being up there anyway, can't imagine a season being opene and not getting out. Hopefully some big bruins will be waking up soon.... :D

Heres a few pics of the lower country, but I need to get up high!! The South slopes are pretty clear but theres still several feet on the North faces.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj316/SirBuckwheat/2011%20Bear%20Hunt/?albumview=slideshow