motoxno53

Nightforce Scopes

Hello all,

I am getting ready to get a new scope and was wondering if any of you were using a Nightforce scope. I am looking at two models

NXS 3.5-15x50 F1

NXS 5-22x50 SFP as they have not released the F1 in this.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Chris

I think the only down fall on the NF is like the last post, they are heavy!

I have one on my long range rifle, 7mm-300 WBY. It is the NXS 5.5-22X50 w/NPR1 reticle and I love it. I will take the little bit of extra weight and size for the durability and precise adjustments. This rifle was built to be my 1000 yard elk rifle and I love the scope for what it does.

Rod

I have had several of them. One 56mm and two 50mms. After having 4 total 56mm scopes and a couple 50's, I will never go back to anything over 50.

All in all, I think the NF scopes are great. The only thing that is not premium is the glass. That said, it is sufficient. They are VERY sturdy scopes. I have beat the living crap out of them on sheep and goat hunts year after year with a few other mishaps during other hunts and even backed over another with my pickup truck and have NEVER had a zero shift. Aside from the less than perfect glass, all other components are of extreme quality. All moving parts do so without any slop. The dials are firm, positive and repeatable. They track well to boot.

Are there better scopes? (better is a subjective term) I think so, but you will spend over 3000 bucks on a 'better' scope. I realize NF's are not cheap but they are worth it and are a great investment and hold a decent re sell value.

dont buy the 3.5-15, if your going to spend that kind of $$$ Get the 5-22x50...

I would like to thank all of you for your time. a lot of you seem to have a few NF scopes do any of you feel the F1 is that much better then the SFP scopes?

I would like to thank all of you for your time. a lot of you seem to have a few NF scopes do any of you feel the F1 is that much better then the SFP scopes?

I have used both and dont have a preference.

For my SFP scopes: If my scope is on anything but max power, then I am close enough to the target to not be concerned with hold over values. Other than that, it is on max, which for the 22x is where the hold overs are calibrated. For obvious reasons, if I am taking a shot at a distance requiring a hold over point, I assure you, my scope will be on max power.

Having said that, a FFP scope cant hurt you. That is, if you dont mind shelling out the extra coin AND settling for the 15x. Having had one 15x and two 22x's, I hands down prefer the 22x. The 1st or 2nd FP is not a deal breaker for me. The power is.

IMHO FFP scopes are overrated and one of the last things I concider when looking at new scopes. But that is just me.