apache12

Left eye dominant right handed

Biker,

Try shoot the M4 with both eyes open. Those red dot scopes are made to be shot with both eyes open, but you can shoot them with the dominant. If i were you I would stay away from canting the rifle and bending your neck to an uncomfortable position or anything else that my feel weird. Just open both eyes with the red dot!

practice more. or poke your eye out. no wait, that's too extreme. try an eye patch. a friend of mine did that with his kid and it worked ok. i saw a guy on tv who was born with no arms shooting a pistol the other day. changed clips, cocked and fired a 1911. saw another guy who was a pro bass fisherman who only had a part of a messed up arm and no legs. he drove his own boat, tied on his own lures, with his mouth, casted his own pole and caught and reeled in his own fish. all i'm saying is that a guy can do anything, if there is enough desire. shooting righty or lefty is pretty insignificant when you look at life in general. shoot however you're most comfortable and don't get caught up in the "you can't do that because" bs. later, Lark.

All good stuff. Thanks. I also emailed Chuck Hawks website and he said like Lark that for scope shooting once the eye is closed it is the dominant eye. I'm going to the range this weekend and have some fun shooting both sides. Thanks for all the reponse.