Sign in to follow this  
couesobsession

Vortex Talon HD vs Eagle Optics Ranger ED

I'm thinking of aquiring a pair of Vortex Talon HD 10x42 when i did an internet search for reviews and discovered that they look identical in almost every way including price to the Eagle Optics Ranger ED 10x42. Are they manufactured in the same plant/ by the same company? Also, how would these binos compare to a pair of Zen Ray Ed2 10x43?

Eagle Optics Ranger ED

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/eagle-optics/ranger-ed-10x42-binocular

Vortex Talon HD

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/vortex/vortex-talon-hd-10x42-binocular

Besides color and brand, the design is IDENTICAL.

It looks like the same company look at the address, its like martin and rytera. At least thats what it looks like

It seems to me that you are looking at Vortex making the binos for Eagle, like Easton making arrows for Cabelas. That is what I am willing to bet on. If they are the same price buy the Vortex version, if you need it you might get better customer service from them vs Eagle.

I just did a full review of the Vortex Talon HD 10X42 and must say they are impressive for a pair of binoculars under $500. I am not sure about the Eagle binoculars, but I have heard the Zen Rays are made by the same manufacture, they just put different labels on them and some minor design details. Either way you go, you will be getting a good set of binoculars for the money you spend. The Vortex Talon is very crisp and clear, and feel great and of high quality.

You can check out my full review here: Vortex Talon HD 10X42 Binoculars

I just did a full review of the Vortex Talon HD 10X42 and must say they are impressive for a pair of binoculars under $500. I am not sure about the Eagle binoculars, but I have heard the Zen Rays are made by the same manufacture, they just put different labels on them and some minor design details. Either way you go, you will be getting a good set of binoculars for the money you spend. The Vortex Talon is very crisp and clear, and feel great and of high quality.

You can check out my full review here: Vortex Talon HD 10X42 Binoculars

Nice review ;)