GRONG

WHATS UP WITH 6A THIS YEAR?!?!?!

I can't believe all the stories about big bucks being killed in 6A this year. My dang backyard for crying out loud!! I know of a couple legit bucks so far that have been taken that are toads! A 122" NT buck, a 115" typ 4x4, a gorgeous 108" 3pt with big butt eyeguards and just this morning a friend of mine from Cottonwood hammered a monster 122" gross 3x4!!! GAACK!!! Unfreakin real! I'll try to get a lot more of the specifics for all to read and see. I'm hoping to get my hands on the one my buddy killed tomorrow eve after I'm done smacking that big 2x4 from my stand of course! I'll get pics soon!

Here's one pic of that gorgeous 3pt I mentioned. A guy named Larry Granados (sp?) from Cottonwood got him with a good friend of his. Took a couple days and a few shots to get him but they finally did. Check out those eyeguards!

post-3-1135999682.jpg

I think there is nucular waste in the water! BIG is right! wow.

Guest Ernesto C

Holly guacamole!! Josh......I want one like that one too ;) Thanks for the pics Josh........now I cant wait for the other ones. Nice eye guards and it looks massive too.

Ernesto C

;) Can you say TOAD! What a great buck, congrats to the hunter. I can't wait to see pics of the other bucks if someone can get them.

Oh I'll get them, but between trying to get a good buck with my bow for about 11 hours a day on stand and time asleep I'll try. Hopefully tomorrow but maybe in a few days. I know I know, the wait is tough but so is 11 hours in a treestand with VERY little movement!

That just makes my knees weak and my stumach queezy and great here comes the need to get the bow out. ;)

I actually got to watch a batch of 6 bucks in late November and early dec and they were starting to play with eachother, rut like material, there's alot of remote and rugged country where even illegal immagrants won't even touch out there in 6A, and therefore there's some huge bucks out of there. I haven't gotten any stores of bigguns taken from there but got emails about pick up lion kills and one was 120'' alot of sweet bucks up there....that's why i'm putting in for that unit 1st choice next year! I can't stand waiting around for the rut, the rut happens in early DEC in 6A

What's up with a 120" lion kill from 6A? Pics dude, pics! Here's a picture of a beast of a shed found there a few years back that I measured at 61 7/8"!!!! This thing is awesome! A guy named Vance Ackerman from Cottonwood found it in the late 90's if I remember right. These are the only 2 pics I have of it. Ok, the file size is too big so I'll have to post the pics in separate posts.

post-3-1136027573.jpg

Here's the other. I'm pretty sure the beam was right at 20" and it's really heavy!

post-3-1136027681.jpg

GREAT BUCKS WOW!! I usually hunt 30A and 29 but maybe I should head north.

Good luck on your hunt.

As a novice I'd say that most of us look toward the south or strictly desert county.

I hunted 5BS for cow this early this month and jumped a nice Coues buck. I don't have the calibrated eyeball you guys have but he was a very nice buck. All I saw was white flag and bone as he was changing zip codes. I was in a mix of pine and juniper appx 7000 ft.

Russ

Josh,

SSSSSSHHHHHHHH Keep it quiet will ya? ;)

With all the UDA and concerns in the units along the border people have been talking about, you have prbably pointed out the next hot spot in the state for coues. Now you might have a flood of hunters putting in there next year. AGFD will probably put it in the premium prices with fewer tags.

There is always bow hunting until they mess that up too.

Josh,

That's one heck of a shed :o I'm sure his genes are still running around 6A. Thanks for posting the pics.