zbraman

TRADITIONA ARCHERS?

QhunterAZ - Been talking with a fella up in Globe thru the "Leatherwall" and will try to hook-up and shoot. I would love to shoot closer also. I am located in Apache Jct. I will PM you when I have some free time, you know how real life keeps getting in the way.

Heat - I sure miss my Grayling Green Grizzly, great go to bow. Just pick it up and start shooting like it was yesterday. I shot my last Michigan whitetail with a 53' Kodiak with static tips.

I noticed your Bible verses. I carved a bow for a close friend and named it "Esau" with the Genesis 27:3 written on it. The one I hunted with is "Ishmael" and shot a javelina with it when I first moved down here to AZ.

John

Very cool John! That was the Original Grayling Green right there! Thanks for sharing about Esau!

Nick

I live over on the west side of phoenix, I shoot over at el oso park on 75th ave and Indian school. If any ones interested in meeting up and shooting let me know.

I grew up around there.. That park was rough in the 90's!

Lived over here my entire life. And luckily the park is akit better. I'm sure it help that a police substation in down the road a bit.

Lived over here my entire life. And luckily the park is akit better. I'm sure it help that a police substation in down the road a bit.

Yeah I lived there until I was 18 years old.. Went to Estrella jr high and Trevor... Good to know things have gotten better over there..

Last year they rebuilt the archery range. added nice bow hangers, a table, awnings over benches. still have to walk a ways for a drinking fountain though, but I bring water. they replaced the targets but the middles get shot out and you risk them eating your arrows. So I bring my own.

• Like 1

I have been shooting a recurve for a while, but haven't shot anything other than a Javi. I hope to be proficient enough to hunt deer one day.

If anyone is interested, I have a brand new Bear Super Kodiak 55# @ 28" for sale. I bought it thinking I wanted a heavier bow than my 50# bear, but don't like it as much. Shoot me a pm.