Sign in to follow this  
Airbusdriver

Sitgreaves NF appears to be open near 260

Just drove back from Overgaard to Phoenix today at about 1:30pm. Have been waiting all week for the forest roads to open after all of the rain they had this week. Of course, as I was heading down to the Valley from my 7-day vacation at Mogollon Airpark, I noticed that all of the forest roads between Heber and Payson are now open; barricades are down and no notices posted.

Has anyone seen anything official from ASNF?

Yes the sitgreaves side opened around noon today. Portions of the apache side will open tomorrow including big lake, crescent, winn campground, lee valley, luna lake, nelson, greer lakes, hoyer cg and I maybe missing a spot or two. The rest of apache will be opened as they get enough widespread rain. Other portions of fire will be opened as they get enough rain and hazards are removed.

I hope so cause I have a stranded trail cam in 4a and went up last week to find out that fsr 300 is blocked at the woods canyon turnoff. Also makes It tough to scout for my elk hunt

It doesn't say anything on the ASNF website about it being reopened

I work for the Lakeside RD and yes it is opened. Sitgreaves side was opened around noon. Barricades and signs removed.

It doesn't say anything on the ASNF website about it being reopened

I work for the Lakeside RD and yes it is opened. Sitgreaves side was opened around noon. Barricades and signs removed.

At least some of them have been removed as of last night. I drove a quick circle out of my home in Pinedale and came across a couple barricades still locked, and a couple signs still out but I'm sure they will all be removed and opened by today. Sure was nice to get out in the woods again.