Sign in to follow this  
AZwest16

Rages

My brother shot an elk with a rage and it didn't make it ten yards before dropping. I've never seen so much blood sprayed everywhere. Shot placement is everything. But as far as shooting through mesh, I wouldn't try it with them.

I test shot 25 to 30 rages through netting and they opened/deflected more than half of the time. If I use a rage in a blind, I drop the netting. They are a awesome cutter. I dropped a lion with one and he piled up in 20 yards. That is the entrance wound you see in the pic.

Mark

post-426-0-13316600-1311658442_thumb.jpg

Rage broadheads are good and they have generally a great reputation. I have found that sometimes the blades do not stay in place. +1 I would not shoot through mesh with them. I like grim reaper mechanicals a lot and if you are going to shoot through mesh with them open the blades before hand and they fly better. The past few years I have been shooting Shwacker broadheads which used to be Sonorans. Anyway they are awesome. Shwackers fly better than any mechanical out there period. They are not loud in flight either. ++++++++1 on Shwackers all the way.