DesertBull

Sitting water!

What keeps you from getting a champ tag?

Noel

I didn't qualify the last time I checked, but that was a couple of years ago. I need to read the regulations again, I guess.

BillQ

Guest Reynaldo de la Torre
Rey..

? I know that you seem to spend alot of time with future hunters.. Please stress to them that as hunters we need to stick together and not take pot shots at legal ways of hunting..

Jason :P

I don't take pot shots. I thought this was a discussion forum. I merely said I didn't approve of a particular method of hunting.

I guess when it comes to using dogs I have two standerds. I always thought it would be fun to chase the dogs around and listen to them bay and watch the animal get treed .I am sure that when you talk to most people who have dogs they would say that the killing is not the fun part. That said,I was watching a hunting show this weekend were they were hunting for bear in north carolina.They were on the bears when they were coming out of the fields. The dogs had this bear so worn out that they were just chewing on him. There were no trees for the bear to climb.Finally the hunter walked up to the bear and stuck his pistol in his chest and put the bear out of his misery.I have seen the same thing on some feral pig hunts. I do beleive the theroy of all hunters standing together , and I do not judge those people. But that kind of made me sick when I saw it.

Noel

These are all quotes from you Rey on previous posts. They all sound like pot shots to me.

"I don't think it's cool to wait by a water hole though. Anybody can do that."

"It's kind of like chasing dogs around and shooting a cat or a bear out of a tree. All the hunter has to do is follow and I know that is hard - riding the horses and such - but there is no skill involved."

"Where does the skill and fair chase come in by using this tactic? It is the same as waiting in a stand over food that is planted specifically for them. It is like shooting cattle. There are feeders that "ring" when they are dispersing the food - the bell rings and deer come to eat and somebody shoots them. Then some guy says, "Wow. What a hunt!"

Guest Reynaldo de la Torre
These are all quotes from you Rey on previous posts. They all sound like pot shots to me.

"I don't think it's cool to wait by a water hole though. Anybody can do that."

"It's kind of like chasing dogs around and shooting a cat or a bear out of a tree. All the hunter has to do is follow and I know that is hard - riding the horses and such - but there is no skill involved."

"Where does the skill and fair chase come in by using this tactic? It is the same as waiting in a stand over food that is planted specifically for them. It is like shooting cattle. There are feeders that "ring" when they are dispersing the food - the bell rings and deer come to eat and somebody shoots them. Then some guy says, "Wow. What a hunt!"

Wah wah wah - Rey doesn't like that hunting style. Get over it already.

Rey..

I know that you seem to spend alot of time with future hunters.. Please stress to them that as hunters we need to stick together and not take pot shots at legal ways of hunting..

Jason B)

I don't take pot shots. I thought this was a discussion forum. I merely said I didn't approve of a particular method of hunting.

Whatever... like I said, please try not to belittle any legal means of hunting to the kids....

jason

Rey it's not that you don't care for the style of hunting it is the fact that whoever hunts like that is a unskillled moron. You don't disagree with the hunting styles you degrade and belittle the people who do hunt from water and with hounds. Your last comment pretty much sums up your juvenile personality.

Come on guys you need to give Rey a break. He is enitled to his opinion. First I don't believe he criticized the houndsmen themselves, but the paying clients. The guys who brag about getting a lion with their bow/pistol/muzzeloader ect. "It was a really difficult shot because of that big branch in the way." Plus if it is so hard following the dogs there is no way that 100% of the clients are physically capable of staying in pursuit of the hounds the entire time. "I will be in camp/ hotel drinking martinis, give me a call when you get a big one treed." No that never happens.

Secondly, his point that it does not take much hunting skill to sit water could be easily defended, although I don't totally agree with it( I can't master it myself). There is definately a hierarchy of skill levels to hunting. Sitting water is probably near the bottom of the pyramid and stalking a Coues on a cactus covered hillside in socks is probably near the top.

If you paid money for a tag and are able to fill it legally you should not be too sensitive to anothers(Rey's) opinion. Yet, it is ridiculous to say that someone should not express his opinion because all us hunters need to stick together. What are we a bunch of Commie's.