Oh man that is a freakin nice lion for sure!!!  Way to go man and thanks for sharing.  Some pretty hounds that guy has!  Glad some of our luck rubbed your way.  Must have been the comment you had just made to your friend before you got to the kill that made it all work!  LOL!  Great picture of your cat in the tree too!

Great looking lion. Was it a tom or female? Who is the hound man? Looks like a good looking pair of Red Tic hounds. Always good to tree one quick but I dearly love to watch a good hound trail on dry ground. For me the best part of the hunt is the chase. Keep up the good job.

Yea Josh I was telling him the story of the lion kill you posted the other day on how it was treed so quick and how I know I'll have to do the all day run up and down the hills. We both laughed and said we could never have the kind of luck you did. Low and behold the dogs treed this female right on top of the kill first thing in the morning. She ate most of the deer that night and had a very full belly and wasn't in the mood to run too far.

I guess everone has to get lucky every once in awhile. :)

Last night I got a call from a friend of mine saying he got a call about a fresh lion killed deer. He asked if I could meet the guys this morning a see if we could get the lion treed, which of course a guy can't say no to that.

So right after last nights football game I got in the truck and drove to Bagdad to meet the lion guide at the Bashas Grocery Store parking lot. We met up at 5:15 this morning and proceeded to the kill site. We had about a 1 1/2 mile walk to get there from where we parked the truck. As we were hiking in I was telling him the story of the lion Josh posted a few days ago and how quickly it treed, I know my luck wouldn't be like that and we would be doing the death march again.

As we got close to the kill site even my untrained eye could spot the drag marks of the deer and the all at once the dogs went nuts. The lion was still at the site and now treed up in the tree above the deer. I was thinking to myself, now I have got to be the luckiest man on earth right now. Didn't even have to chase at all. It was still a little before daylight so we got a few photos of the lion in the tree.

post-695-1136522198.jpg

After a few waiting minutes they finally had me shoot the lion out of the tree. It took a few minutes to try to position the lion to get a good broadside shoot so the arrow would pass completly thru and 1 shot in the heart at 9 yards, down it came and was mauled by the dogs. Its amazing to see those dogs work they really like to hunt. This was an awesome time.

post-695-1136522627.jpg

Great job we need to kill all we can they are hurting the deer herds congrats!!!! CM