Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

30B

The kids grandparents thought they were putting him in for 3C. Somehow ended up with 30B. I guess they need trifocals. Anyone have any insight on this unit? Thanks

Mule Deer or Coues Deer?

Good mule deer numbers west of Dragoon along railroad tracks(and the old butterfield stage route-very cool when you find it!) toward the san pedro. also some burro's north of double adobe along high lonesome road. used to be some good herds in the gunnison hills northeast of dragoon.

whitetail are up in the dragoons and the mule mtns-best access is middlemarch canyon west of sunsites and long hikes up the mule mountains west of high lonesome road.

lee

I'll check that out. I'm going to try to go at least scout the area next month. Thanks for the info

well never hunted mule deer...but hunted whitetail... bout 7 years ago we were scouting the unit cause it was our first time hunting that unit....now we started at north side of the dragoons and saw few deer but ni bucks (all whitetail)....but northeast side we saw abig mulie right against the foothills..only thing is how to get to em and it was thick...there are mule deer in the flats but thick country and homes might be some of the challenge

In 2008, I killed my first deer along the San Pedro.

I scouted, and hunted, the north part of the Dragoons...remember, my first year out, for what it is worth.

I saw no bucks....but took a day off work, and killed a meaty spike in the bosque along the San Pedro, by 7:45 or so. 51 yds for the shot, paced out, along the river bank, as it is thick in areas.

Next year, my wife and I are walking around, and she sees three bucks in the area where I would park my rig, so that is my two cents.

If Aug is unsuccessful for bow, I may pick a left over WT tag, and I will hunt the bosque along the river, and the close hills.