Sign in to follow this  
DCMHunter

Unit 2

Me and my brother-in-law drew unit 2 for deer this year. I had seen some big deer in there in the early 90's while hunting Antilope, but havn't spent much time out there sence then. I have been out scouting a few times and can not seem to find the deer anywhere. A lot has change sence I last hunted out there, with a lot more houses and the closure of some area's. Has anyone been out there in the last few years and can tell me where I may find some Deer at? And how to get there? I was thinking around the back side of Lyman Lake but cannot find a why in to this area.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

DCM

take one extra guy to stay in your camp so the cedar maggot meth cookers don't steal your camp. happened to my boy a couple years ago there. get as far from the road as you can and find a big track. have fun. Lark.

take one extra guy to stay in your camp so the cedar maggot meth cookers don't steal your camp. happened to my boy a couple years ago there. get as far from the road as you can and find a big track. have fun. Lark.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol: Thats prolly the best advice given for 2. We didnt have anything stolen last year, but I heard about the sleaping bag theifs the year prior. Its a weird deal out there.

LOL Lark speaks the truth, carry a sidearm with you at all times. not only for the crack heads, but for mouthy ranchers who think they own the whole frickin world out there. Get some good bolt cutters too, you will need em. I have extensive knowledge of the area ... I found a huge matched set of sheds out there a few years back. Maybe I'll take a pic and post it here. I seen some nice bucks taken last year by them boys in St johns.

Shoot me a PM...

Ron

LOL Lark speaks the truth, carry a sidearm with you at all times. not only for the crack heads, but for mouthy ranchers who think they own the whole frickin world out there. Get some good bolt cutters too, you will need em. I have extensive knowledge of the area ... I found a huge matched set of sheds out there a few years back. Maybe I'll take a pic and post it here. I seen some nice bucks taken last year by them boys in St johns.

Shoot me a PM...

Ron

I'd like to see those sheds Ron...... good advice u gave.

Hey Dustin, Good to hear from you.

Heres a pic of them sheds. we found em several years ago in the cedars, chasin elk. Walked right by them the first time, then on the way back following my tracks found the first one. Walked around the tree and found the other one.. Never did get an elk out of there. Too flat, couldnt get a shot.

Ronpost-963-0-76847200-1311907519_thumb.jpg

Shot this buck there in 09. Hunted it last year with my brother & saw one buck in 5 days, running, at 500 yards. they increased tags in & our honey holes were covered with people.

post-2674-0-80861000-1311966598_thumb.jpg

Man thats a nice buck. Look at the size of that body! I also love that kind of country. Makes me want to get out there.

Ron