Sign in to follow this  
vailsf

35A- Parker Canyon Lake

I wish to do some archery WT bowhunting at PCL. Specifically, within 200 yds of the spillway. My partner claims there is a fence at the perimeter of the lake and that no hunting of any sort is allowed inside it. I've searched the NF site: it states that azgf sets boundries. In regs ( on= line & printed ) azgf states no such boundries in deer notes or unit hunt boundries/ restrictions. I am aware of no firearms/ 1/4 mi. rule for occupied buildings, but have seen no such limits to archery hunting. As I will be several hundered yards from any occupied dwellings ( or private land ) I feel if it's not posted, I can hunt up to the lakes edge if I desire. Tried to send an inquiry to G&F. but it won't go through tonight ( will try again tomorrow ). Does anyone know the answer to this? Would like to find out this week if possible. A steak dinner in Sonoita is riding on this. The regs seem to be in my favor. Thanks in advance for all who reply. jg

I haven't been over by the spillway is a few years, but I don't remember any such sign. I can't imagine anyone putting a fence around the entire lake, but the road that goes to the upper end has a pipe fence across it that is locked by the FS. You can't drive past it, but you could walk past it.

I'd say you only need to decide medium or medium-well. Bon Apetit

I had the same question about bowhunting Mcdowell mtn area. Still dont know for sure. good luck.

As long as you are 1/4 mile from any occupied structure you're OK. A couple years back AZGF changed the laws to where you cannot shoot a bow within 1/4 mile of an occupied building. This came about from Unit 19A archery where hunters were shooting too close to homes. As long as you are 1/4 mile go for it! Also, if they are just outbuildings and not occupied you should be OK. Good Luck