standman

Funnel Area Question

Ok here is the problem I have. I have found a funnel area that has five different trails that come together. One each trail there are several different scrapes along with a line of rub trees leading right through the funnel. The funnel is probably 75 yards long and at each end of it the trails break apart and head different directions. Last weekend I stalked a good buck there and missed him three times at 30 yards. That is a nightmare I see everynight now. ;) There are plenty of trees to put up a treestand too. So you are probably saying what the problem is. Well here it is. This funnel sets between two main roads. It sets in a "v" between one road and where another road angles into the other. The funnel sets in a section between the two roads where it is about 100-125 yards between roads. You can see deer in the funnel from both roads, and boy is there lots of deer and several different bucks that I have seen. The question I have is would it be a good idea to put up a treestand and sit there and watch the cars go by or not? There are not a lot of hunters in the area but there are alot of "tourists". What do you guys think. I have other spots too but none are as hot as this. What would you guys do? Thanks.

Brian

Boy that sounds kind off tough.

I don't know what I would do but if you are going to hunt there I suggest you make some sort of ground blind and get covered in camo from head to toe and try and keep your stalks to a minimum. Tree stands and stalking let the tourists see you. Most will not even see you and the ones who do will not care, BUT the few who DO see you will REALLY care. I guess it all depends on the foot traffic this small area gets.

In the end I think that I could be seen by any non-hunters I would more than likely just go some where else.

:unsure:

Just think off your just shot Coues running with your arrow in him into a crowd of nuns or school kids on a field trip or who knows what. We should try and keep the non-hunters friendly.

Just some thoughts.

Sorry if I only made more questions for you instead of answering yours.

:unsure: