Sign in to follow this  
Bullseye

27 muzzleloader hunt

Hunters are the best source for hunting advice as far as I am concerned and the years and experiance on this website is huge. So am asking anyone who would like to chime in. Any suggestions, advice, tips or just general comments are welcome. I drew the 27 muzzle hunt in sept. Ive been on elk hunts before and know what to expect however this is my first tag after 20 years and 17 points of trying. Ive been scouting and seen plenty of cows. Have some areas in mind depending on the out come of the archery hunt. Working on this hunt anyway I can before opening day. Good Hunting to all,,,Thanks,,Steve.

No body has anything to say,,,,,wow...Most of the hunters ive met are upstanding people willing to help with whatever they can. So far no one on this website has anything to offer...After hearing so much about this website I have to admit I expected at least one person to have the courage to reply...Thanks anyways.

I think the fact that you joined the forum with the intent of cyber scouting pretty much speaks for itself.

Here is what I do when I choose to hunt a new area...Buy a map, find water, get out in the woods.

Not trying to be a jerk but no one is going to come out and tell you the spot that a 360 bull is hiding.

I think the fact that you joined the forum with the intent of cyber scouting pretty much speaks for itself.

Here is what I do when I choose to hunt a new area...Buy a map, find water, get out in the woods.

Not trying to be a jerk but no one is going to come out and tell you the spot that a 360 bull is hiding.

I joined the forum in 09.havent posted 3000 times like some. I usually only speak when I have something important to say and my intent was to just check out the website,,I am a newbie,,so please forgive me for,,"cyberscouting" as you call it. I thought it was called talking to other hunters who may have something to share....like encouragement,,,stories from people that have had this hunt,,any comments or advice was and is welcome....ive been hunting unit 27 for 30 years...not much of it is new to me..Ive done my homework and spend way to much time in the woods according to my wife,,,,not looking for someone to "come out and tell me anything that they dont want to share"....This hunt is a hard draw,,so I am looking for folks who have been on it in the past,,,what went right..?....what went wrong..? and maybe what they would do if they drew it again..Not looking for someone to tell me where any specific elk is....just wanted to talk a little with the community and enjoy...but it seems folks may be holding back for whatever reason..pride gets us every time..Thats ok too...Thanks for your reply.

"courage"? ok, i saw a white cow by hannagan meadow a month ago. i even have photos. is that courageous enough? Lark.

"courage"? ok, i saw a white cow by hannagan meadow a month ago. i even have photos. is that courageous enough? Lark.

Heck yeah thats courageous enough. A white cow elk would be a rare find. To bad I have a bull tag. Thanks for the laugh lark.

Bullseye, Its to bad all these folks on here that think they know so much won't help a fellow hunter out. It's not like they have this tag and You are going to kill there elk, as they are very limited as You know. This is a great site and Amanda is a great host, but this is the last place I whould ask for help on a great hunt like You have. I am like You , as I have read this site daily for 8 years or so and rarely post. It's like most sites ,if Ya aint one of the groupy's no one will help. You have one of the best tags in the country and I whould spend all the time You could out there leading up to the hunt if You know it and figure it out yourself. I am sitting on 17 points for elk,and when I draw, i will Spend a week or more before the hunt and stay there if I can't afford any help. You may not draw a great hunt here for another 20 years. Put all the resources You can in to it. Maybee some one will give some tips or help, but just get after it. You have to put work and family aside for 2 weeks or so if You want a great bull and don't have an outfitter helping You. And they are not a gaurantee either. Good luck and post Your sucess when done....BOB!

Bullseye, Its to bad all these folks on here that think they know so much won't help a fellow hunter out. It's not like they have this tag and You are going to kill there elk, as they are very limited as You know. This is a great site and Amanda is a great host, but this is the last place I whould ask for help on a great hunt like You have. I am like You , as I have read this site daily for 8 years or so and rarely post. It's like most sites ,if Ya aint one of the groupy's no one will help. You have one of the best tags in the country and I whould spend all the time You could out there leading up to the hunt if You know it and figure it out yourself. I am sitting on 17 points for elk,and when I draw, i will Spend a week or more before the hunt and stay there if I can't afford any help. You may not draw a great hunt here for another 20 years. Put all the resources You can in to it. Maybee some one will give some tips or help, but just get after it. You have to put work and family aside for 2 weeks or so if You want a great bull and don't have an outfitter helping You. And they are not a gaurantee either. Good luck and post Your sucess when done....BOB!

Bob, I cant tell you how relieved I was to read some positive words of wisdom instead of getting laughed at or slammed. This site is a great site. And I have told Amanda personally how much our whole family enjoys it. I took a chance by asking for comments but its worth the risk. I have waited and worked my rear end off for this hunt as im sure you can appreciate and I thought what the heck....ill get on the forum and ask everyone...."what do you think"?.....maybe I have lost it,,,but its worth a try. Thanks again for your reply.