dieselroe

Bear Calling in AZ

i've called in quite a few bears over the years. some even when i was trying to call in a bear. outside of one that came to a cow call while i was trying to call in a bull elk, i always used a circe magnum with a jackrabbit reed. i really think that being in fairly close proximity to a hungry bear has more to do with success than what sound you use. they all sound pretty much the same to me anyway. Lark.

i've called in quite a few bears over the years. some even when i was trying to call in a bear. outside of one that came to a cow call while i was trying to call in a bull elk, i always used a circe magnum with a jackrabbit reed. i really think that being in fairly close proximity to a hungry bear has more to do with success than what sound you use. they all sound pretty much the same to me anyway. Lark.

I added a few more sounds to my caller, I'm gonna add lighting jack and then hit at least 4 stands. I think its gonna come down to the right sound at the right time. LOL

A guy once told me on a hunt:

"theres bull elk all over,,,,just not right here,,,right now."

I use that one all the time now....

Went back to my spot,,,,,,no bear. Fresh sign though and their all over in there. I'm gonna shelf this till next fall or spring and try to focus on my deer hunt. I appreciate the help everyone and when I get one I'll post the pics in this thread. Just a matter of time.