seek100plus

Zeiss 6.5 x .20 scope factory turret

I just finally got a chance to buy a good scope for my 300 win mag , a Zeiss conquest 6.5 x 20 with factory turret .

I was hoping for someone to give me some information , I see the scope is 1/4 per click per 1 " and I re set the turret on my scope to zero at the white line and I zeroed my gun to 100 yards and was wondering if I would be able to be able to use the turret out to 500 yards .I have spent many hours and rounds to come up with a very sweet round for this gun all ready , I checked this with 4 shot groups to out to 500 yards at 4 shot groups and measured the drop in inches ( all shots to 1' to 2" out to 500 yards. i have listed the drop-age out to 500 yards and one full turn on the turret is 16 clicks

100 zeroed

200 - 1" 1/2 " = 6 clicks

300 - 7 1/2 " = 2 full turns

400 - 19 1/2 " = 5 full turns

500 - 36 " = 9 full turns

I don't know if I have bumped my head if this will work , just running out of time to go out and shoot a lot of rounds , I will definitely run out and check out to 400 yards at 4 shot groups

Thanks for any input

I have totally bumped my head, there is no way this theory is right, so I checked on my other Zeiss scope with a reputable turret and should be some where like

200 6 clicks

300 15 clicks

400 26 clicks

500 38 clicks

I will be going out tomorrow to check this new theory out , my 300 mag shoots a Berger VLD 168 at 3050 FPS average

I'm not an expert, but I think your 2 full turns, etc is gonna be a bit much. 1 click is 1/4" at 100yds...so at 200yds 1 click is 1/2"....300yds is gonna be 3/4"...and 400yds is gonna be 1"....so keeping it simple without having to use fractions and etc...using your 400yd elevation would mean 19-20 "clicks"...thats just over 1 full turn....Your talking about Minute of Angle (MOA) there and as you go out in distance your adjustments are gonna get proportionally larger (magnified).

I have totally bumped my head, there is no way this theory is right, so I checked on my other Zeiss scope with a reputable turret and should be some where like

200 6 clicks

300 15 clicks

400 26 clicks

500 38 clicks

I will be going out tomorrow to check this new theory out , my 300 mag shoots a Berger VLD 168 at 3050 FPS average

Sent you a PM

-Tracy