Sign in to follow this  
andrewandy1

white mountains

Read on the report that fishing was good at both, fish are more active with the colder weather. 15-18 inchers

Crescent algea was getting better and fish were hitting the flies

What were you using? I have never had a bad day using worms. With the weather cooling down i would think the activity would increase and trolling would be killer.

We were using cowbells with worms, worms alone on the bottom, powere bait, z-rays, rapalas. The 3 fish were on the cowbells and after the initial hit I could not even tell they were on there.

That is surprising, maybe the high pressure system goofed them up. Either way....a bad day at Big Lake is a hellofa lot better than a good day at work. I bet it was beautiful up there, and the weather had to be incredible.

I was so dissapointed that our annual camping trip got cancelled this year from the fire. I can't wait until next summer.

Last Sunday at Big Lake, Garlic Powerbait was working best.

Garlic powerbait is my best kept secret. It seems so strange and yet the fish LOVE it. I've had days of mediocre fishing when I switched to garlic powerbait and cast out and BOOM, I get a hard bit before I can reel in the slack completely. I guess its alright to share these little secrets to help others out, though B)